In terms of enrolment percentage, Allama Iqbal Open University, known as AIOU is one of the largest universities in the world. It is also an extensively famous education institute in Pakistan. This institute offers distance learning. Students from all over the country enroll through it in an enormous amount.
Students who cannot afford the expensive fees of private universities can benefit from this educational institute. Moreover, the charges of online learning are usually very minimum or free.
So the students of intermediate or graduate who want to get admission in this particular center, I am here to help you with everything you need to know.
AIOU: A Brief Intro
The main objective behind this educational institute establishment in May 1974 was to provide numberless educational opportunities to commonalities. So the people who were unable to leave their home or job for studying can benefit from it.
At first, its name was People’s Open University that changed into its current name. The title is in respect of the great philosopher and poet of Pakistan, Allama Muhammad Iqbal.
The head campus is present in the capital city of Pak, Islamabad. Moreover, there are 44 regional campuses and centers spread throughout the country. It includes Multan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, and Faisalabad Millat Road.
“Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of University’s programs to the highest standards through strategic planning, assessment, and continuous monitoring, reviewing the progress of teaching and research activities under Higher Education Directives to ensure that quality standards are being met.”
“To attain excellence in providing quality education and services to our nationwide students, we are determined to set the landmark in Distance Education System of International competitive education sector and emerge as a trendsetter institution.”
Allama Iqbal Open University Accreditation
The Higher Education (HEC) of Pakistan accredits this foundation and many others. And it is famous as an “official degree awarding institute.” Since it is a public sector university, therefore all the funds are arranged by Government.
The Chancellor of the AIOU is the President of Pakistan. The Pro-Chancellor is the Federal Minister for Education. And the executive and academic officers are the Vice-Chancellor.
The foundation offers plenty of programs for several faculties. These further consist of department ranges. It includes undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies.
You have to visit the official website www.aiou.edu.pk to determine the programs available for admission.
Faculty of Arabic and Islamic studies
- Arabic language and literature
- Hadith and Seerah
- Islamic Law (Fiqh)
- Islamic Thoughts, culture and History
- Qur’an and Tafseer
Faculty of Education
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Distance and non-formal Education
- Educational planning and management
- Science Education
- Special Education
- Teacher Education (Elementary)
- Teacher Education (Secondary)
Faculty of Sciences
- Agriculture sciences
- Information Technology
- Computer science
- Engineering and technology
- Environmental science
- Home and health sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
Social Sciences and Humanities
- Business administration
- Management sciences
- English languages and applied linguistics
- Iqbal studies
- Library and information sciences
- Mass communication
- Pakistan studies
- Pakistani languages
- Sociology, social work, and population studies
- Gender and women’s studies
How To Get AIOU Admission
To get admission here requires no boundaries of age, gender, level of literacy, income, and class. All you have to do is to meet the eligibility criteria.
Apply For Admission
- The Fall Semester is in September, and its admissions open in July each year.
- The Spring Semester admission opens in January or February of each year.
- Application information is already present at the official website aiou.edu.pk.
- Before the deadline, students have to submit the application form and other necessary educational documents.
- Undergraduate Programs – intermediate students have to submit their SSC and HSSC certificates along with grades.
- Matric, intermediate, bachelor’s, master’s, MPhil, and Ph.D. studies programs offered by it. Admissions grant to those who meet the eligibility criteria.
Top-rated Digital Marketer and Freelancer (SEO, Blogging, Link Building, and Google Ads)
Co-Founder and CEO: https://beingcounsellor.com
Upwork Top-rated Freelancer: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0186102d374accc76a