What is Data Science?
The study of data is known as data science. It is the process of extracting, analyzing, managing, and storing data to get insights. These insights assist businesses in making informed data-driven decisions. Data science uses scientific methods, procedures, algorithms, and systems to obtain information and insights from structured and unstructured data and then implement that knowledge and actionable data to a wide range of application domains. It is one of the most sought-after careers and has a good pay scale. Data processing, machine learning, and big data are all important components of data science. Predictive causal analytics, prescriptive analytics, and machine learning are commonly engaged in data science to make predictions and forecasts.
Prerequisites to be considered for determining the best data science courses in India
- Duration of the Course, i.e., minimum six months course
- Modes of Training, i.e., online or classroom training
- Content of the Course, i.e., total no. of classes, projects, and other things
- Quality and experience of faculty and mentors
- Internships and Placements
- Development of skills of the student
- Program recognition
- Student Experience
- Interactive, hands-on Learning
Different Courses in Data Science
There are multiple courses in India regarding Data Science. A few of the best courses are mentioned below:
1. PG Program in Data Science and Business Analytics
The cost of this program, including GST, is Rs 2,25,000. It’s an 11-month curriculum with 225 hours of instruction. A certificate from UT Austin’s McCombs School of Business and Great Lakes will be presented. A focused career counseling program includes interview preparation and resumes creation sessions. This curriculum consists of a 2-month capstone project taught by an industry expert, eight real-world graded projects, and 16 real-world case studies. It includes access to GL Excelerate: A selected job platform with over 500 hiring partners where you may trade opportunities.
Program Curriculum includes an introduction to Data Science, Marketing and CRM, Business Finance, SQL programming, Statistical methods of Decision making, Data Science Techniques, and Domain Exposure.
Program Benefits- The benefits of the program are as follows:
- Industry Relevant Curriculum – The curriculum blends academic elegance with practical application to help participants master the fundamentals of management and Data Science tools and applications for data-driven decision-making.
- Flexible Learning – The PGP-DSBA curriculum allows you to learn at your own pace. With online sessions, you can learn while earning. We accommodate transfer cases and sabbaticals, and we offer the opportunity of catching up on classes even if you have missed them.
- Hands-on Exposure – You may learn at your own pace with the PGP-DSBA curriculum. You may learn while earning with online sessions. We can handle transfer cases and sabbaticals, and we can help you catch up on lessons if you’ve fallen behind.
- Industry Renowned Certificate – Earn two post-graduate certifications, one from UT Austin’s McCombs School of Business and the other from Great Lakes Executive Learning, the executive learning branch of Great Lakes (India’s top-ranked B-school).
Suitability of Program – Leading analytical, technology, and consulting firms devised, delivered, and endorsed the program. Our corporate partners help with curriculum development, project facilitation, industry lectures, and pedagogical enhancements.
2. PG Program in Data Science and Engineering
- This classroom program is tailored for recent graduates and early-career professionals interested in pursuing a data science and analytics career.
Prerequisites to learn data science–
a) Applicants must have a 60 percent or above in 10th and 12th grades, as well as a Bachelor’s degree.
b) Candidates in their last semester or fresh graduates with 0-3 years of experience can apply.
c) The PG Data Science Course is designed for candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as engineering.
Participating in Companies like Uber, KPMG, HSBC, Cognizant, Paisabazaar, Policy Bazaar, etc. The Roles offered are Data Engineer, Analytics Consultant, ML Engineer, Reporting Analyst, Research Executive, etc.
a) Data Science Foundation
b) Machine learning
c) Data Science Applications
d) Career Preparation
- Classroom Program
- Great Lakes Advantage
Benefits of the Program
- After completing the program, you will be able to clean and convert data using various tools and approaches
- Experiment with analytics tools and techniques like Python, Tableau, and SQL
- Opportunity to work with a leading company
- Dedicated placement Assistance
- Become Job ready
3. M. tech in Data Science and Machine Learning
Prerequisites to learn data science
- A recognized university diploma in BE/ B.Tech. / M.Sc. (Mathematics)/MCA is required.
- A minimum of 50% in the undergraduate degree.
- By the time the program begins, candidates must have a minimum of 24 months of work experience.
- At the time of the batch’s start, all documentation of graduation, grades, and work experience will be validated. If an applicant cannot submit documents that match the program’s eligibility requirements, the individual’s admission to the program will be revoked. Candidates must submit pay stubs for the previous 24 months, an experience certificate, and an application.
Selection Process – Apply, get reviewed, pass admission test, and interview.
Recruitments from companies like CITIbank, IBM, Infosys, J.P. Morgan, ORACLE, etc.
Program Curriculum includes Python for Data Science, Database and SQL, Statistical Methods of Decision making, Machine Learning, Mathematical Foundation, Data Visualization, Machine learning, Time Series, Deep learning, Natural Language Processing, Big Data.
- Axis Bank offers a merit-based scholarship program.
- In a Data Science role, be able to use the most up-to-date Data Science tools and approaches.
- Become a good fit for jobs like Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Machine Learning Engineer, and Big Data Engineer.
- Be able to employ the most up-to-date Data Science tools and methodologies in a Data Science role.
4. PGP In Data Science and Engineering (Data Science Specialization)
9-month online program with live online sessions twice a week – 4 hours per week between Monday and Friday (After working hours). The program costs Rs 2,75,000 plus GST. (Included are tuition, lab access, and learning materials.) The program can be paid for using Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards, or a check or DD. It includes case studies from the real world to improve practical skills.
Program Curriculum includes: Basis of Python, Data Science Foundation, Machine Learning – Supervised learning and Ensemble techniques, Data Science Applications, Database Management Systems, Data Visualization, Time Series Forecasting, Text Mining, and Sentiment Analysis, and Career preparation.
Benefits of this program:
Suitability of Program – This program will help you in getting jobs for various positions like Manager Analytics, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, AI Engineer, ML Engineer, Research Executive, Statistician, and Analytics Consultant.
- Industrial recruitment from companies like Amazon, Cognizant, Adobe, KPMG, Honeywell, etc.
- Know how to use analytics tools and technologies, including Python, 1 Tableau, and SQL.
- Regression, Predictive Modeling, Clustering, Time Series Forecasting, Classification, and other industry-relevant machine learning techniques are used.
- Create an analytics framework for a business challenge utilizing three statistics and data modeling.
- Perform data cleaning and transformation procedures with the help of four different tools and methodologies.
- Present yourself as a strong applicant for analyst, data engineer, 5, and data scientist positions in top analytics firms.
5. MS in Data Science Program
Northwest University School of Professional Studies conducts this program. It is an Online Learning Course, and its duration is 18 months.
Program Curriculum includes Analytics & Modeling Specialization and Artificial Intelligence Specialization.
Benefits of this program
- Data science’s primary strategy is articulate analytics.
- Transform data into useful information.
- Create analytic solutions that are statistically solid and dependable.
- Demonstrate your ability to lead.
- Create and manage plans to deal with corporate problems.
- Consider the limitations of data use.
- Examine the data structure as well as the data lifecycle.
The Bottom Line
Data science is a growing field. Today, this field is seen as a vast and developing one in which a person can advance and build a career. Demand for Data Scientists is mounting all around the World, and the lack of competition for these positions makes data science an extremely lucrative career choice. A Masters in Data Science gives you an extra boost in shaping your career along with mathematics, which serves as a foundation for becoming a data scientist.
We hope that the article has provided you with helpful insight into various courses on Data Science and the Best Course you can choose from.